I would like to start a web-based dropshipping business, nevertheless i have no idea getting started. I want to specialize in giftware and accessories. Where should i find products and just how do i get put in place a web site without having technical knowledge? – Beth N.
Great question, Beth. In the good old events of the web, i.e. a year ago :o), it took plenty of effort to produce an ecommerce website, especially one which offered turnkey dropship websites.
The to-do list for building a small site was extensive.
· You initially had to discover a company who would turnkey dropship websites merchandise to suit your needs. Believe it or not, there was not just a dropshipper on every corner from the Web in those days.
· As soon as you found this type of company, you had to setup a proper business account with them, which in turn meant submitting forms, jumping through hoops, providing all of them with proof of an organization license, a tax ID number, a pint of blood, the commitment of your first born, and so on.
Then the real fun began.
· You have to tear apart the company’s print catalogs and scan in the pictures of merchandise you wished to promote on the webpage.
· You needed to build the website manually having an HTML editor, and kind in the product descriptions and costs, which made updating the web page a manual nightmare. Changing $1.95 to $2.95 could literally take around 30 minutes.
· You had to find a dependable hosting company to host the website. It was harder than you may think. Finding a dependable hosting company within the golden era of the net was like choosing a painless dentist inside the old west. They just didn’t exist. You experienced to choose the hosting company that you just hoped would give you the very least amount of pain. And also you were always wrong.
· You needed to sign up a domain address. This part was quite simple, IF you had the genius IQ needed to think up a coherent website address that had been not already taken by another business or a &^%$# cyber-squatter (low level life forms who register website names and ransom these to individuals and companies which could really utilize them).
· So when you at long last think you have considered everything there exists to think about, that you have done everything that needs to be done, you launch the website amid little fanfare and a lot prayer.
This suddenly occurs for your needs (always in the center of the evening) that the sole thing you forgot to construct in to your site is a way for the customers to cover their purchase online with credit cards (there was no Pay Pal in the dark ages, my child…).
You awake in the cold sweat lastly discover why you haven’t sold an individual Beanie Baby since your site was released.
Ah, the great old days… Thank God these are gone.
Lucky for yourself and me, Beth, now there are a number of companies online which will help folks like us setup a turnkey dropship website without ever breaking a sweat.
By turnkey, I am talking about they provides you with an entire, payment-enabled website and also the merchandise to offer on the webpage. All you do is turn the key (as we say) to start out your new business.
You select the appearance of the internet site, these products you want to sell, and they also take it from there. They may explain to you how to setup a web-based payment system, allow you to register your own domain name, offer tech support, plus more.
It depends on anyone to market the internet site and drive customers with it, but in some instances the companies may also help you accomplish that with free google search submissions and marketing tips. Also you can sell the merchandise at online auctions like eBay and Yahoo! Auctions. There is absolutely no quicker method to get turnkey dropship websites within just days.